In 2008, following a successful 30-year career training retrievers for hunting and competitions, Pat Nolan began to apply lessons learned in e-collar conditioning and remote directional training to working with military and police units.
This is a partial list of agencies Pat Nolan has helped with their canine programs:
- GSG9 der Bundespolizei
- BORTAC US Customs Special Operations Group
- Netherlands Police Agency, Specialist Criminal Investigations Department, Special Operations Unit, Driebergen
- U.S. Federal investigative police
- FT. Bragg, NC. Training U.S. and International Special Operations Units
- 1st Special Forces Group, Ft. Lewis, WA
- 5th Special Forces Group, Ft. Campbell, KY
- 10th Special Forces Group
- U.S. Air Force, Office of Rapid Product Development
- Small units within the Royal Netherlands Military
In addition to working with operational k9s, Nolan has especially enjoyed training canines for proof of concept projects for agencies within the department of defense.